Hi Michael,

The Henle Verlag edition has no slur over this section. What source are you
engraving from?

Aside from that if you need to shape slurs the best tool is the \shapeII
function in the openlilylib library. If you need help setting it up, just
mail me.

Fingerings? Unless the composer wrote them in, leave them out. They are
always just opinion, and always wrong! I am delighted to report that
_finally_ after decades Henle is now producing various editions available
either with, or without fingerings. At last. I suspect this may have come
about because amusingly the new digital software from Henle allows you to
install any of several or many fingering annotations for a score, (which
proves my point) and also to turn off fingerings altogether. Unwittingly
they provided a great service to players!

My other comment relates to The Curse of A4 Paper. It's just too small.
Same applies to US Letter. Your score has such narrow margins it is very
hard to read. This is because A4/etc is simply too small for piano music.
It is interesting to note that piano music has been printed on
Klavierformat size (only available in Germany, otherwise a printers trim
size) since mid 19c. There's enough room for a decent chunk of music at
that size, still allowing generous margins. I do not know what can be done
about this problem, except perhaps reduce the global size of everything
(easily done in lilypond) but then you get into legibility problems.
Although I see people on the train reading 4 point type on their phones
regularly quite happily! B4 seems to be a solution to this problem, but it
is a bit hard to buy.

Andrew