On Thu 05 Oct 2023 at 19:43:27 (+0200), Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> > Le 5 oct. 2023 à 17:36, David Wright a écrit :
> >
> > Is this the way you should be going?
>
> No, it's not going to give him the GUI that he regrets.

I'm sorry—perhaps I attached too much significance to the OP's
"I do not want to use Frescobaldi." If a GUI is required,
I would have thought a Mac editor could supply that, and
drag-and-drop could run LP on the file that's dropped onto it.

But regardless of the OP's target, maybe that type of instruction
sequence be useful to a Mac user who didn't want a GUI? The
ones given in LM §§1.1–1.3 seem very tied to Frescobaldi, and I'm
uncertain of the relationship between the macOS section of
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.25/Documentation/web/download and
the first two paragraphs of LM §1.4.

Cheers,
David.