On 2013-12-17 Fòram na Gàidhlig <f...@foramnagaidhlig.net> wrote:
> Do you have any idea how long it would take to reach gold? Im asking
> because I haven't finished the help files translations yet, and it
> would help me to have a general idea for a deadline, so I can
> coordinate my translation projects a bit.

No deadline yet. We had no release for a long time so no idea how
much work will be required to build on Windows 7. Last time all I
had was XP. With Autopackage no longer available a Linux binary
might be tricky as well.

Anyway, with a beta we get up to date .pot files and a way for all
translators who don't build from source to check it their language
needs any updates. Maybe beta will show that some text or help file
have to be fixed. As soon as the texts are stable all translators
well be informed. Not sure if they all read this list, probably not.

So the time frame depends on the beta results (and on the amount
of vacations I get). So not in time for Christmas but some time
next year. If possible I'd like to publish a stable release (3.0?)
in February 2014.

Tschüß,
Wolfgang
--