From: Maciej Ksiezycki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Debian install problem

Adam, Mark Post and Jochen - thank you for your replies.

For my unsuccesful attempts I used a ".ins" file created by myself and I
didn't know that the filenames might not be too long.
When I used the original ".ins" file from the Debian CD and changed the
filenames according to it, the installation went smoothly until the
first IPL. After the IPL I get a message from modprobe:
"can't locate module eth0". I am using OSA-2.

Is it so because I didn't load the oco.bin file ? I tried to find it on
the net but it was nowhere to be found.My distribution doesn't have it
either...

I installed the base system over the network (through FTP) without any
problems. My parmfile doesn't contain any network parameters since I
wanted to enter them manually.Why did it work for the base installation
and why did it not work after the IPL ?

Can anyone help, please?

Maciek

--
Maciej Ksiezycki
Unizeto, Poland

"Better ask questions before you shoot."
                   Bruce Springsteen

(please remove NOSPAM to reply to me directly)