On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 00:36, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Replace your faulty hardware. It's cheap.
>
> Or spend a bit more, and get a case without those cooling problems.

For desktop PC's especially in the Linux world where X and the like mean
the cpu crunching is done on another box I'm meeting more and more
people who are solving the cooling problem by using ultra-cheap VIA
fanless PC's

A desktop PC costs $200 in bulk. Thats at the point where its actually
questionable use of staff time to even try and repair one. Just do a
deal with a recycler or charity to rip out the disk and resell/recycle
/reuse the rest.

The same is happening with a lot of this technology. DVD region codes used
to be a real pain, now everyone just spends $20 on a 2nd hand slow DVD drive
for the other regions they care about

Alan