> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 01:00, John Alvord wrote:
> > And Lord protect you if the packaging accidently contained materials
> > which generated gamma rays. Another tale of woe from the IBM 1980s
>
> Gamma seems odd, it doesn't interact much most times, now alpha emitters
> I could believe. Was it alpha or gamma emitters they got in their materials ?

I recall back when we were getting round to 256K chips that cosmic rays were
becoming a problem and that chips weren't going to be made much denser.

What happened?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!