The reason I say that is because the message I got from the FTP connect.
Specifically: FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R4 at OWL0.CO.HENNEPIN.MN.US, 13:46:49 on
2004-05-28

I don't know if the FTP daemon is programmed to spit out the machine name,
but the hipersocket address does NOT resolve to a DNS entry.  So, under
z/os is that message programmable or does it return the FQ DNS name for the
IP stack it is using?

             "Post, Mark K"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Did some extensive hipersocket
                                       testing/benchmarking.... need help
             05/28/2004 01:26          interpreting results.
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Since there's only two ends on that pipe, I think you can safely assume
that
the other end of it saw as much traffic as you did on the Linux side.  :)