This is cross-posted on the linux-390 and ibmvm listservs...

Is there a manual or webpage somewhere that references all the types of
hardware that will work under various versions of zLinux and zVM?  Or
could someone tell me where I could confirm that a Magstar 3590 model
E11 standalone tape drive would work under zVM 5.3 and/or SLES9 SP3?
We're new to the zVM/zLinux world-just finished with our POC and now
trying to ready an LPAR for production use-and didn't realize till just
recently that we'd need a tape drive to do a standalone dump of the zVM
lpar.  We have some no-longer-in-use 3590s available so thought we'd put
them on the lpar as a temporary solution, but don't know how to ensure
they're supported.  Thanks!

Shannon Collinson l Mainframe Operating Systems l ETI l SunTrust Banks l
404.827.6070 (office) l 404.642.1280 (mobile)

Seeing beyond money (sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]