From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Michael MacIsaac
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:39 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [LINUX-390] Systems management - quick survey?

Hello list,

I'm preparing for a SHARE presentation (week of Aug 11, San Jose, CA) on
z/VM and Linux systems management. If you use Linux and z/VM on System
z,
do you have time for a quick survey?

I tried to categorize what's available today into 4 main areas (I
apologize if I your software is not on the list, or if it listed as
"Dead
or dying" but is not. I do not also plan to address performance
management).  Here is the survey:

---snip---
Systems management software used:
1) Open source software:
 _ Hobbit
 _ Nagios
 _ Other ___________________
2) Priced software:
 _ CSL-Wave
 _ IBM Systems Director/Tivoli Provisioning Manager
 _ Mainstar Provisioning Expert (formerly Rocket Software)
 _ Other ___________________
3) Dead or dying (??):
 _ Aduva OnStage/Director
 _ Levanta
4) Roll your own systems management - comments:

What is your greatest need in z/VM and Linux systems management? :

Comments on z/VM and Linux systems management in general:
---snip---

Reply on or off-list. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061