Hello world... :)

 --JueyChong Ong wrote:

>>From the perspective of someone who is unfamiliar with the ELKS architecture,
>I don't think it should be a problem, since the early versions of
>NCSA Telnet for MS-DOS ran on 8088 and 8086-based PCs.

The computers I had in mind was those with (say) 128 to 256 kb of RAM;
x86 or not.
(Running an Atari Portfolio with TCP/IP in Linux-8086, for example :)
-I had already heard that 512 kb was enough ta handle TCP/IP, but I find
it hard to beleive that AT's would run the software mentioned in 128 kb
of total RAM.
(At speeds higher than 2400 bits/s, anyways. Remember that Linux-8086
probably uses more memory than early DOS versions).

What I wanted was a discussion about TCP/IP in computers with very
limited memory.
But if the discussion about network-capabilities was targeted directly
at the standard AT/XT, I guess there's no need for it. Sorry?

 --Tobias Ekbom

PS. Anyone ever tried putting ELKS in ROM for computers with tiny
memory?