I had implemented reading in the larger
: header version of the minix format executable, and using one of the
: fields in the extended header as the size of the stack below the
datasegment.
: I think this code had been developed to point where it worked, but
: building binaries that it would load required extra compiler flags, and
: hacking the header with a binary editor.

I've gotten pretty familiar with the linker, let me know if you
need a hack.  Otherwise, my memory says that we've got enough
info in the current header to put the stack below the data, providing
the linker will change the beginning data offset to the max stack size.

Regards,

Greg