Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It may be something quite stupid. Maybe just the PCI ID changing. Then
> again, it may be something more serious.

Does the BIOS recognize the device? What about lspci -vv?

> just "insmod: init_module: ips: No such device"
> Searching through the sources for 2.6.7 does detect the major device
> ID (9005), but not the minor device ID (809d). I'm downloading the
> 2.6.10 source code to see whether it has more support. The solution
> may prove to be a simple kernel upgrade.

Grepping 2.6.10:

/drivers/pci/devlist.h:9040:    DEVICE(9005,809d,"AIC-7902(B) U320 w/HostRAID")

Try 2.6.10. Maybe it's easier than anything else...

If that does not work, try a RH kernel? At least see if there are
differences in ips and the aic-whatever?

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.goldshmidt.org