On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 12:11:15AM +0200, Yedidyah Bar-David wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 01:16:53AM +0200, Aaron wrote:

> > I have been building for 2 days and am wondering why, I see that a
> > process called faked-sysv is using 80% of my processor, anyone know what
> > that is?
>
> faked is used by fakeroot, which is probably used when building debian
> packages. Should not be used by "vanilla" kernel compiles.

However on Debian it is generally preffered to build kernels using
make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot (from the package kernel-kpg) even when
building a vanilla kernel.

faked should take that much CPU time, though.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best