On Tuesday, 9 בDecember 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> With the exception of MS Office, I could do without Hebrew support in
> Wine at all. But MS Office is so important for interoperability that I
> cannot abandon it. At the moment I am stuck bringing every file to the
> university to open them.

Every file? As someone using OpenOffice.org since before 1.x days
it looks a bit overestimated.

Have you tried OpenOffice.org 3.x? Can you file relevant
bugs and attach sample documents? I know I would vote for them.

> Wasn't there support of development by a government agency
> discussed once? What became of that?

Wine is an important project (IMO). But it is only a bandaid for
people who use (or are forced to use) proprietary software.

Moreover, even proprietary vendors may write portable
software (eliminating the need for wine). The abundance
of portable libraries and frameworks not only make it a reality
but even a good business choice (e.g: Qt).

IMO, government funding is better spent in *solving* the problem
instead of providing temporary workaround. In this sense, the partial
funding of OOo is infinitely better than helping wine.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
   __
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e  o f   a