Good morning Geoff,

Geoff Shang wrote on Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:30 +0100:
> My requirements are, therefore, in no particular order:
>
> * Fast
> * Reliable
> * Usable with third-party routers
> * Able to be managed without a visual CAPTCHA.
>
> Obviously, some of this is relevant to ISPs as well as carriers, so any
> thoughts on the best ISPs would also be welcome.  I'm more interested in
> quality and capacity than the usual bells and whistles the big ISPs have
> that no-one ueses anyway.

If I understand correctly, your constraint is the ISP-provided box must not
have a visual-only CAPTCHA.

Have you considered using, not only your own router, but also your own modem?
That is, buy on the free market a box that has one RJ11 port and one or more
RJ45 ports, and then simply ask the ISP for the username / password / protocol
details and configure them on the hardware of your choice.

This approach is not bulletproof — some ISP's have a bad habit of giving little
advance notice when the login details change — but it would divorce your choice
of ISP from details of the ISP-provided modem.

Cheers,

Daniel