On 09/14/2016 12:19 AM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> Allocating a page to userspace that was previously allocated to the
> kernel requires an expensive TLB shootdown. To minimize this, we only
> put non-kernel pages into the hot cache to favor their allocation.

Hi, I had some questions about this the last time you posted it.  Maybe
you want to address them now.

--

But kernel allocations do allocate from these pools, right?  Does this
just mean that kernel allocations usually have to pay the penalty to

So, what's the logic here?  You're assuming that order-0 kernel
allocations are more rare than allocations for userspace?