On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:33 AM, zhangfei gao <zhangfei....@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you power down and up the device, then IO reset is not needed and
> 8686 can process host init sequence correctly.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Daniel, this ultimately means that whenever sending a reset is
required to re-init the 8686, we can surely say that the chip wasn't
really powered off beforehand, and that something went wrong in the
software, leading us to think the chip is powered off when it is
really not.

But I think we also demonstrated this with the simple
insmod/rmmod/insmod scenario, where every insmod successfully
re-initialized the chip without sending an sdio reset.

Thanks,
Ohad.