On 21 December 2015 at 14:59, Ulf Hansson <ulf.hans...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 21 December 2015 at 14:41, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <li...@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 02:23:17PM +0100, Ulf Hansson wrote:

>>> I see your point, but I would rather not aim for rcs with these
>>> changes, unless you insist.
>>>
>>> Not because they aren't fixes, but because it's old errors. Instead we
>>> can "cc stable" or use the fixes tag as we are in quite late stage of
>>> the rc. This approach will also allow us to get a bit better test
>>> coverage.
>>
>> Even if we do this, we still need to get _these_ tested because _these_
>> will be the ones which need to be applied to stable trees such as the
>> 4.4 stable series.
>>
>> What I suggest is applying them against -rc6, and then merging them
>> into your -next branch, and fixing the resulting conflicts.  We then
>> have the patches ready for -rc, but which can still be tested in -next
>> (for what that's worth.)  If people find problems, they can always
>> re-test these patches without all the development stuff.
>>
>> If I were to give you a set of patches suitable just for -next, then
>> people can only test with all the development stuff included, and we'll
>> have no idea whether any new problems are the result of development or
>> these patches.
>
> Okay! I will publish the branch as soon as I can.

Huh. The merge ends up in a quite complicated conflict to resolve for
me. And I am running out of time.

I have queued a quite limited amount of sdhci patches for this cycle,
so indeed I think it's good opportunity to try out your changes right
now.

In particular, it's the following patch which I have queued for next
that conflicts with your changes.
"mmc: sdhci: 64-bit DMA actually has 4-byte alignment"

Could you perhaps reconsider to rebase your patches on top of my next
branch. I have also rebased my next branch on top of rc6.

Kind regards
Uffe