I use dosemu & Linux terminal server (k12ltsp) by several customers
in production environment (mainly some economical DOS programs).
There maybe better solve dosemu setting as "hardware oriented",
because terminals physical location may determine e.g. local printers
use in DOS. Therefore I have on some point in linux fs (/var/DOS/stations
in example below) directories describing individual terminals, which
act as dosemu boot path instead these in "~/.dosemu/", i.e. they
contains drive_c, drives, run directories an other files.
And dosemu starting script determine terminal (or server, why not
work on it?) from environment setting (use variables LTSP_HOSTNAME,
DISPLAY, output of `uname -n`), and then start DOSEMU in manner:

xdosemu --Fimagedir /var/DOS/stations/varta \
 -f /var/DOS/stations/varta/.dosemurc C:\\runmyapp.bat

where "varta" is resolved terminal location (but it maybe e.g. terminal
IP address too)

By concept of this "HW oriented" instead of "user oriented" dosemu use
may be one user login on multiple terminals and run dosemu (I know
this is bad idea, but in real world more frequent then multiple users
working on single terminal ;))
Sorry for my un-standard english language extension :)

Frantisek Hanzlik

Roberto Bechtlufft wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm new to dosemu and to this list.

Here's the situation: i'm installing Dosemu on a multiuser
environment. There is a central server running it, and some terminal
accessing it. What I would like to know is: what's the best way to
share this Dosemu installation with the terminals? Since Dosemu's C:
is /home/server/.dosemu/drive_c, should I share this folder with the
terminals or change the default C: for Dosemu? And of course, how can
I do it? :-)

thansk for your help...