"umod 002" -> "umask 002"

"you can only have one group to a file/directory" : it isn't very right,
at least ext2, ext3 and xfs filesystems supports POSIX Access Control Lists
(ACL - see "man acl", "man getfacl","man setfacl") and is possible set
different access rights (read, write, search/execute) on directories/files
for different users and different groups. And on directories is possible set
default ACL, again for different users and/or different groups, and new
objects inherits default ACL of the containing directory as its access ACL.

Frantisek Hanzlik

Alain M. wrote:
I looks like your explanation "chmod 002" was meant "umod 002" and thus
would be "chmod 775" which is correct.

But remember that you can only have one group to a file/directory, that
is a Linux limitation. Maybe you need an extra group...

Alain

Roberto Bechtlufft escreveu:
Ok, question number 327 :-)

Suppose I have users roberto and fatima. roberto is under the groups
roberto and dosemu, and fatima is under fatima and dosemu. When I do a
chmod 002 and as roberto create a new file all users under the group
roberto can read and write to it. However, I want my files to be
created under the dosemu group, and not roberto, so fatima can read
and write to it to. How can I do it?

!DSPAM:46d73b9562671804284693!