Hi Alain!

Yes, the newest samba and the newest cifs-code together with kernel > (I
think) 2.6.18 solves the samba locking problem. I just forgot to tell you.

At last my work and mails to Jeremy Allison were successful. Now even clipper
locks are recognized and reported to the clients. Nevertheless samba is very
slow. During my investigations about the samba locking problem I got the
advice to turn my network concept around. Now all my clients log in on the
server via ssh and start a dosemu or other session on the server. Network
trafic is very much reduced and the work on the clients is quicker than ever.
Working on Windows-servers/-clients can not keep up with that.

CU

Claudia Neumann