On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 14:03 +0200, ext Robert Nelson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Grazvydas Ignotas <nota...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Luciano Coelho
> > <luciano.coe...@nokia.com> wrote:
> >> Add board configuration for the wl1271 daughter board.  This patch is based
> >> on Ohad Ben-Cohen's patches for Zoom boards.
> >
> > Hm can that daughter board be detected? With your patch all beagle
> > users will get GPIO139 toggled, and if someone has that wired to
> > chainsaw switch somebody might get hurt.
>
> Expansion boards really need to follow:
>
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardPinMux#Expansion_boards
>
> Is there any eeprom on i2c bus #2 for identification on this board?

Hmmm... <checking the schematics>

Yes, it does. :) This makes perfect sense.

My bootloader (U-Boot 2010.03) doesn't seem to detect it, though:

<clip>
Probing for expansion boards, if none are connected you'll see a
harmless I2C error.

No EEPROM on expansion board
<clip>

Do I need a special bootloader?

Is there any standard way to recognize the expansion board and configure
it properly?

--
Cheers,
Luca.