On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 00:20 +0200, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 02:41:56PM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
>
> > * When using lilo to boot from a raid device, it automatically installs
> > itself to the mbr, not to the partition.  This can not be changed.  Only
> > 0.90 and 1.0 superblock types are supported because lilo doesn't
> > understand the offset to the beginning of the fs otherwise.
>
> Huh? I have several machines that boot with LILO and the root is on
> RAID1. All install LILO to the boot sector of the mdX device (having
> "boot=/dev/mdX" in lilo.conf), while the MBR is installed by
> install-mbr. Since install-mbr has its own prompt that is displayed
> before LILO's prompt on boot, I can be pretty sure that LILO did not
> write anything to the MBR...

Then this has changed.  It used to only install lilo to the mbr.
However, even if it installs to the partition, it doesn't change the
rest of what I said about it not understanding the offset from partition
to file system on 1.1 and 1.2 superblocks.

--
Doug Ledford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at