On Friday October 26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Perhaps you could have called them 1.start, 1.end, and 1.4k in the
> beginning? Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Those names seem good to me.  I wonder if it is safe to generate them
in "-Eb" output....

Maybe the key confusion here is between "version" numbers and
"revision" numbers.
When you have multiple versions, there is no implicit assumption that
one is better than another. "Here is my version of what happened, now
let's hear yours".
When you have multiple revisions, you do assume ongoing improvement.

v1.0  v1.1 and v1.2 are different version of the v1 superblock, which
itself is a revision of the v0...

NeilBrown