Doug Ledford wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 14:41 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
Actually, after doing some research, here's what I've found:
I should note that both the lvm code and raid code are simplistic at the
moment.  For example, the raid5 mapping only supports the default raid5
layout.  If you use any other layout, game over.  Getting it to work
with version 1.1 or 1.2 superblocks probably wouldn't be that hard, but
getting it to the point where it handles all the relevant setups
properly would require a reasonable amount of coding.

My first thought is that after the /boot partition is read (assuming you use one) restrictions go away. Performance of /boot is not much of an issue, for me at least, but more complex setups are sometimes need for the rest of the system.

Thanks for the research.

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc