On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 04:45:39PM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:05:58AM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 08:41:31PM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
>Make each of the disks bootable by lilo:
>
>  lilo -b /dev/sda /etc/lilo.conf1
>  lilo -b /dev/sdb /etc/lilo.conf2
There should be no need for that.
to achieve the above effect with lilo you use
raid-extra-boot=mbr-only
in lilo.conf

>Make each of the disks bootable by grub
install grub with the command
grub-install /dev/md0

I have already changed the text on the wiki. Still I am not convinced it is the best advice that is described.

lilo -b /dev/md0 (without a raid-extra-boot line in lilo.conf) will
install lilo on the boot sector of the partitions containing /dev/md0
(and it will break with 1.1 sb)

for grub, do you have any doubt about the grub-install script not
working correctly?

L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]