On 1/9/2015 1:26 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
<SNIP>
I am not sure if we want this to be a deciding factor. I think the
session wide lock is something that can be removed in the main IO paths.

A lot of what it is used for now is cmd/task related handling like list
accesses. When we have the scsi layer alloc/free/manage that, then we
can simplify that a lot for iser/bnx2i/cxgb*i since there send path is
less complicated than software iscsi.

Completely agree. We should assume that other than session-wide command
sequence numbers nothing is synced across connections.

It is also used for the state check but I think that is overkill.

I have a piped patch to remove this completely redundant spin_lock that
protects a check on a state that can change right after the spin_unlock.