Welcome to active participation! We hope you find it rewarding.

I have never used NIS but it sounds like a problem to do with what
networks are allowed to bind to the server. I would look in places like

/etc/hosts.deny
/etc/hosts.allow

If NIS is started by inetd or xinetd, the config files for those.

Just a guess mind you !

On

--
Nick Rout