On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 12:13, Tom Munro Glass wrote:
> Yes, the larger installation will be very remote - in England!

That shouldn't put you off, I co-admin a bunch of FreeBSD machines in
the UK, only 300ms away over 23 hops ...

I use screen on the remote box, so I can ssh in and restore the screen
session, getting multiple shell sessions all held open and running (i.e.
some of them page log files, so I can leave them running while I'm away
from the box ...)

Also useful to leave long possibly-interactive commands running, in case
you're worried that your link to the server might go down. As long as
the server stays up, screen keeps your jobs running.

-jim