On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:36:13PM +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Thanks for this script, Mike, always good to see other ways of setting
> things up.
> Greg Bodnar sent me details of an interesting apt addon, apt-listbugs
> (and associated to that, reportbugs).
>
> apt-listbugs hooks into apt-get, and before installing anything, looks
> up the Bug Tracking System and gives you details of the outstanding
> bugs, so you can decide whether or not to install.

Try apt-listchanges too. Very useful on a production server, as you can get
a look at what changes were made in that security upgrade...

I have the systems at work set to email it, so that the other admins see it
too.. (then it's also a bit of a "oh, machine X has been upgraded now")

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

  If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... Then you probably
       haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.