On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:40:08 Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> Indeed it does, but would it not be a better idea to create a program
> which helped people improve their language and reeading skills,
> instead of creating a program which only made the unix command line
> environment available to the linguistically challenged.
>
> A much better use of the letters I and E - Illiteracy Exterminator
> than the more usual one.

... Where did that come from? I'm not talking about people who are lazy
in their spelling, I'm talking about those who think in heavily visual terms.

Trust me on this point, I know a couple who are very technically minded
but can not cope with a system that is built around language.

> i.e. A visual shell?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen that term used in a broader sense.

--
Quote of the login:
In every non-trivial program there is at least one bug.