Hi Mark,

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Post, Mark K wrote:

> Yes, but this doesn't answer the question as to whether or not SuSE will
> make their recent update available for FTP download.  Alan Cox has already
> pointed out that it is perfectly "legal" under the GPL to not do that, so
> the question remains as to exactly how, and under what terms, the update
> will be available.

SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for S/390 and zSeries is not an update but a
new product based on a new version of SuSE Linux for S/390.

As I wrote:
>> For evaluation purposes, we do make an interesting offer which is
>> adequate to the outstanding service you receive, for proof of concepts
>> (does it really run on my machine?) there is our SuSE Linux Enterprise
>> Server 7.0 GA from October 2000 downloadable for free on our ftp site,
>> in the near future we will put a new beta version on this ftp site.

, a beta version will be made available for download, not the GA code.

If you are interested in the full product based on the GA code then please
contact us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
With kind regards,

                Joachim Schroeder ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
                SuSE S/390 Team
SuSE GmbH                                      Tel     +49-421-526-233-0
Schanzaeckerstr. 10                            Fax     +49-911-74053-489
D-90443 Nuernberg                              Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany                                        WWW    http://www.suse.de
======= S/390 -  IPL the GPL! ======== visit http://s390.suse.de =======
                  More info at [EMAIL PROTECTED]