On Sunday 29 May 2005 17:52, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Josh,
>
> The ports will only add support for SOCKS5 if you define
> WITH_SOCKS5. If you don't want SOCKS5 support, make sure
> WITH_SOCKS5 isn't defined (be sure to check your make.conf as
> well).

Yes, I understand that

> If you DO want SOCKS5 support enabled for epic[45] via ports,
> you're going to have to go through the rigamaroll you mentioned
> (re: finding SOCKS5 source, etc.).  Seems the official SOCKS[45]
> site is quite annoying, I'll agree.  Might try using
> www.filesearch.ru instead:
>
> http://www.filesearch.ru/cgi-bin/s?q=socks5-v1.0r11.tar.gz&t=f&w=a&;
>x=21&y
>
> Good luck.

socks5-1.0.11_3 NEC requires that you grab the dist files from their
web site at http://www.socks.nec.com/cgi-bin/download.pl . Please
make sure you have socks5-v1.0r11.tar.gz in /usr/ports/distfiles and
run make again.

It appears that using an alternative site is against the rules.

I've got a request into permio.com to link the needed file from their
download page.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel