On Sunday 29 May 2005 17:52, Brian Bruns wrote:
> On Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:58 PM [EST], Josh Paetzel wrote:
> > The epic4 and epic5 ports on FreeBSD have an option to include in
> > SOCKS5 support.  The licensing for SOCKS5 does not allow binary
> > download.  One cannot automagically download the sources either.
> > You have to fill out a web-based registration, download the
> > tarball and then manually put it into the /usr/ports/distfiles on
> > your FreeBSD machine.  There are other ports that get treated
> > similar to this situation.  The problem is that I can no longer
> > find a place to download the SOCKS5 sources from legitimately.
> >
> > My question is this:  Do I need to move heaven and earth to get
> > SOCKS5 working again, or can I simply remove the option from the
> > port?
>
> Or an alternative would be to use another SOCKS5 library:
>
> http://antinat.sourceforge.net/
>
> Such as antinat.  Check FreshMeat, theres probably half a dozen
> library implementations available.  I think Dante might have
> header/library support too.

What direction you want to go is up to you guys.  I briefly looked at
antimat and it's GPL'd as well as not requiring you to 'register' or
whatever to download the sources.  Antimat doesn't have a FreeBSD
port so it would take a bit of doing to make it go.  (which I am
perfectly fine with)

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel