* Jeremy Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-09-29 11:54:39 -0500]:
Hi,
|> In EPIC4, we have /set reverse_status_line, which if ON prepends a ^V
|> to your status format and if OFF does not.
|>
|> In EPIC5, we do not have /set reverse_status_line built in, and a ^V is
|> unconditionally prepended to your status format.  If you want a non-reverse
|> status line, you need to start your status format with ^O, which cancels ^V.
|>
|> In EPIC5, we have a scripted /set reverse_status_line in 'builtins' which
|> does the job fine, by prepending the ^O to the status format.  But if the
|> user changes their status format, the ^O might be eliminated, and then the
|> status format goes back to reverse, and if the user /set's it ON, then the
|> script will try to remove the ^O that isn't there.
|>
|> I am not in any way blaming the implementation for this problem, but I am
|> rather conceding that perhaps this /set is more complicated than can be
|> handled adequately by a script right now.
|>
|> What do people feel about restoring /set reverse_status_line as a hardcoded
|> feature?  It seemed like the right thing to do to remove it, but it's hard
|> to get all the edge cases correct.
This explains some confusion i was having over epic4 v 5, even with the
scripted version it caused me some confusion, i could attempt to fix it in
my script, however i do not know how many people use this feature in their
status formats, i would prefer hardcoding if given the choice myself...

cheers

//zak
--
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
     stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."