On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 05:05:09PM +0200, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> There are users depending on EPIC being as closely compatible to ircII
> as possible. Gratuitous incompatibilities shouldn't be introduced. I
> believe this kind of change would be a gratuitous incompatibility. /SET
> REVERSE_STATUS_LINE neither halts EPIC development nor is a considerable
> code bloat.

My opinion goes both ways: I'd both like to see it gone, and like
to see it kept for compatibility.  If I had to make a choice, I'd
vote for removing it.

As far as I'm concerned, EPIC 5 is "less compatible" with ircII
than EPIC 4 is -- and if I remember right, this has been stated by
Jeremy a couple of times.  Therefore I have no qualms seeing it
removed in 5, but obviously kept in 4.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |