*snip*

Unfortunately, the single image in the old RPG book was of unusually poor
quality.  And I don't own the books anymore.  Plus they've been out of print
for several years.  So there's no way to compare it to the descriptions you
provided.  On the other hand, for some reason the mention of the aquatic mecha
has always put me in mind of the 'Aqualo' (I think that was the name; it's been
a while...) model from Revell's Robotech line-up (as previously mentioned in
this forum, no relation to Harmony Gold).  But it's been long enough that I've
no idea whether the two actually look similar, or whether it's just a matter of
me connecting two underwater mecha.

junior