On Tuesday, May 09, 2006 21:04, James Boren wrote:

> I've heard that SC was the series that was the most chopped up to fit
> into Robotech. Is it very different from the way it plays in Robotech?

Robotech Masters is an almost complete inversion of Southern Cross.

First of all, the planet Grolier in the Epsilon Eridani star system is recast as
the planet Earth.  Much editing had to be done simply to remove the second moon
from the night-sky scenes, along with much rewriting to justify two campaigns on
the Moon, when in the original it was a single campaign each on TWO moons.

The Protozol became the Protoculture, which is why the term had to be changed in
the Macross segment from a label for the common genetic heritage of human,
Zentraedi and Meltraedi into a biological power source.   The Protozol
themselves went from being a nonhuman intelligence to a psychoactive flower.

The Zol, instead of being human/Protozol hybrids, became the Master Race that
created the Zentraedi and Meltraedi by genetically reengineering captured
hominids.

Jeanne Fránçaix became the grown-up version of Dana Sterling (Komilia Maria
Fallyna Jenius), daughter of Max Sterling (Maximilian Jenius) and Milia (Miriya
Parino).  Bowie Emerson, son of Rolf Emerson, became the son of Bowie Grant, the
son of Claudia Grant (Claudia LaSalle) and the late Roy Fokker.  This is just
about all that connect the Macross segment with the Southern Cross segment,
casting it as the 2nd Generation of Robotech.  Mospeada, of course, would
subsequently be cast as the New Generation...

–Z–