On Monday, May 08, 2006 14:39, Joseph Riggs wrote:

> Unfortunately, the single image in the old RPG book was of
> unusually poor quality.  And I don't own the books anymore.
> Plus they've been out of print for several years.  So there's
> no way to compare it to the descriptions you provided.  On
> the other hand, for some reason the mention of the aquatic
> mecha has always put me in mind of the 'Aqualo' (I think that
> was the name; it's been a while...) model from Revell's
> Robotech line-up (as previously mentioned in this forum, no
> relation to Harmony Gold).  But it's been long enough that
> I've no idea whether the two actually look similar, or
> whether it's just a matter of me connecting two underwater mecha.

For what it may be worth, the Robotech Defender "Aqualo" (1148) is the Dougram
H404S "Mackerel" Marine Combat Armor, manufactured by Takara and repackaged by
Revell.

Revell's entire Robotech line were all from either Arii or Takara.  Of the
dozens of models marketed under the Robotech banner, most came from Super
Dimensional Fortress Macross-which was, after all, the first thirty-six episodes
of the composite American series-but at least nine came from Super Dimensional
Century Orguss and another dozen or so came from Sun's Fang Dougram.  While a
case could be made for the Orguss models-the Orguss series was originally
intended as the third and final segment of Robotech, until expenses forced a
switch to the less costly Genesis Climber Mospeada-and being a related
design-wise to Macross, there's no connection whatsoever between Robotech and
Dougram.

For those who, like myself, find such trivia of interest, here's the complete
Revell Robotech line's model substitution scorecard:

Robotech Changer "Orguss" (1001?) is the Orguss Emaan "Orguss"
Veritech-transformable to three modes: Battloid, GERWALK and Spud Fighter.

Robotech Changer "Nikick" (1002?) is the Orguss Terram Air Force 03-01-H
"Nikick" Standard-Type Fighter-transformable to two modes: Battloid and GERWALK.

Robotech Changer "Olson" (1003) is the Orguss Emaan "Olson Special Orguss Mark
III" Veritech-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Spud Fighter and
Sonic Tank.

Robotech Changer "Orguss II" (1004) is the Orguss Emaan "Orguss Mark II"
Veritech-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Spud Fighter and Sonic
Tank.

Robotech Changer "Drifand Dal" (1005) is the Orguss Terram Air Force "Drifand
Dal" 3-legged Walker Tank-transformable to two modes: Walker and Assault Gun.

Robotech Space Fortress SDF-1 (1125) is the Macross SDF-1 in Space Fortress
Cruiser mode-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Excalibur" Mark VI (1126) is the Macross MBR-04 "Tomahawk"
Mark VI Destroid-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Raidar-X" Mark X (1127?) is the Macross ADR-04 "Defender"
Mark X Destroid-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Gladiator" Mark II (1128?) is the Macross MBR-07 "Spartan"
Mark II Destroid-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Spartan" Mark XII (1129?) is the Macross SDR-04 "Phalanx"
Mark XII Destroid-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Recon Team" (1135) is a Macross VF-1D "Valkyrie" Battloid
and VF-1S "Valkyrie" Fighter-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Tactical Unit" (1136) is a Macross VF-1A "Valkyrie"
Battloid and VF-1D "Valkyrie" GERWALK-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Ground Attackers" (1137) is a Macross VF-1A "Valkyrie"
Armored Battloid and VF-1J "Valkyrie" GERWALK-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Allied Forces" (1138) is a Macross VF-1S "Valkyrie"
Armored Battloid and VF-1J "Valkyrie" Fighter-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Sniper Squad" (1139) is a Macross VF-1D "Valkyrie"
Battloid and VF-1S "Valkyrie" Fighter-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Search Patrol" (1140) is a Macross VF-1D "Valkyrie"
Armored Battloid and VF-1A "Valkyrie" GERWALK-not transformable.

Robotech Attack Fortress SDF-1 (1143) is the Macross SDF-1 in Storm Attack
Trooper mode-not transformable.

Robotech Space Fortress SDF-1 (1144) is the Macross SDF-1 in Space Fortress
Cruiser mode-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Exaxes" (1145) is the Orguss Terram Air Force MGB-21F-1
"Ishforn" Command-Type Fighter in GERWALK mode-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Decimax" (1146) is the Orguss Terram Air Force 03-01-H
"Nikick" Standard-Type Fighter in Battloid mode-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Ziyon" (1149) is the Dougram Soltic HT-128 "Bigfoot" Combat
Armor-not transformable.  (Some irony here, given the phonetic pronunciation of
"Ziyon"...)

Robotech Defender "Thoren" (1150) is the Dougram Soltic H8 "Roundfacer" Combat
Armor-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Zoltek" (1151) is the Dougram D7 "Dougram" Combat Armor-not
transformable.

Robotech Defender "Condar" (1152) is the Dougram Soltic H-102 "Bushman" Combat
Armor-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Talos" (1153) is the Dougram T-10B "Blockhead" Combat
Armor-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Gartan" (1154) is the Dougram Hasty F4X "Ironfoot" Combat
Armor-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Ice Rovers" (1161) are the Crusher Joe "Skate Boy" Ice
Drones-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "TerrAttacker" (1162) is the Dougram Bromly J-R-S "Native
Dancer" 6-wheeled All-Terrain Attack Vehicle-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Dromedin" (1184) is the Dougram F44A"Crabgunner" 4-legged
Walker Tank-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Sand Stalker" (1187) is the Dougram "Desertgunner" 6-legged
Walker Tank-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Armored Combat Team" (1191) is as yet unidentified.

The Robotech Defender "Robot Recovery Unit" (1194) is as yet unidentified.

The Robotech Defender "Strike Force" (1192) is a Dougram Hasty F4X "Ironfoot"
Combat Armor and a Curailles MP-2 "Dewey" attack helicopter-not transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Assault Squad" (1193) is a Dougram Abitate F35C
"Blizzardgunner" Walker Tank and an Einstedt AFV attack helicopter-not
transformable.

The Robotech Defender "Airborne Attacker" (1197) is a Dougram Soltic H-102
"Bushman" Combat Armor and an Eastland WE-211 "Maverick" cargo-lifting
helicopter-not transformable.

Robotech Defender "Commando" (1199) is the Dougram Abitate F44B "Tequilagunner"
4-legged Walker Tank-not transformable.

Robotech Changer "Nebo" (1400) is the Orguss Terram Air Force "Drifand"
Veritech, a "mass production" version of the "Orguss Mark III"-transformable to
four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Spud Fighter and Sonic Tank.

Robotech Changer "Orbot" (1401) is the Macross VF-1D "Valkyrie"
Veritech-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking Fighter and
Fighter.  (Another ironic name, given limited success of the 1984 Barry Glasser
series, The Mighty Orbots.)

Robotech Changer "Vexar" (1402) is the Macross VF-1S "Super Valkyrie" Veritech
(Fokker "Skull-1")-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking
Fighter and Fighter.

Robotech Changer "Axoid" (1403) is the Macross VF-1J "Valkyrie" Veritech (Miria
"Red Baroness")-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking Fighter
and Fighter.

The Robotech Factory (1404) contains a Macross VF-1J "Valkyrie" Armored Battloid
and MBR-04 "Tomahawk" Mark VI Destroid-not transformable.

Robotech Changer "Trigon" (1405) is the Orguss Terram Air Force "Drifand Dal"
3-legged Walker Tank-transformable to two modes: Walker and Assault Gun.

The Robotech VF-1J "Valkyrie" (1406) is the Macross VF-1J "Valkyrie" Veritech
(Max "Blue Max")-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking
Fighter and Fighter.

The Robotech VF-1S "Super Valkyrie" (1407) is the Macross VF-1S "Super Valkyrie"
Veritech-transformable to three modes: Battloid, GERWALK and Fighter.

The Robotech VF-1D "Super Valkyrie" (1408) is the Macross VF-1D "Super Valkyrie"
Veritech-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking Fighter and
Fighter.

The Robotech VF-1A "Super Valkyrie" (1409) is the Macross VF-1A "Super Valkyrie"
Veritech-transformable to four modes: Battloid, GERWALK, Stalking Fighter and
Fighter.

Robotech Factory Module 1 (1410) contains a Macross VF-1S "Valkyrie"
Battloid-not transformable.

Robotech Factory Module 2 (1411) contains a Macross VF-1A "Valkyrie" Armored
Battloid-not transformable.

Robotech Factory Module 3 (1412) contains a Macross VF-1D "Valkyrie" Fighter-not
transformable.

Robotech Factory Module 4 (1413) contains a Macross VF-1J "Valkyrie" GERWALK-not
transformable.

-Z-