OK -- I don't claim to be a Unix expert, but I always thought that the OS
had more granularity in terms of assigning execution rights and resources
used. All of the executables I have ever called for CGI services have been
in locations other than CGI-Bin (including Perl); the ASCII SCRIPTS are of
course located in CGI_bin.
Are you saying that it is NOT possible to restrict execution of binaries
from within CGI_Bin (e.g. under Linux). Also -- if you place rebol.exe in
the CGI-Bin, are you saying that you can run it via Telnet (I CANNOT do
this -- it violates security restrictions in place on the server).
Thanks.