John said:
Recalling that my argument is

1. A functional language encourages functional programming, a
procedural language encourages imperative programming.  (as per
the functional language FAQ)

2. REBOL encourages a procedural/imperative style of programming.
(as evidenced by the examples and the script library)

3. Therefore REBOL would be better described as a procedural
language rather than a functional language.

I don't want to flame any side of the discussion.

Just two remarks:

I really don't think ANY (generalized OR) or ALL (generalized AND) could be
described as non-functional.

I would like to see the opposite: Could you try to *encourage* some of us to
try more functional programming in Rebol? - I mean simply write some purely
functional examples of Rebol code... Actually I think I have seen some
examples on this mailing list that were close to that. If you can't, tell us
why. I don't think the lack of some primitives or mezzanines could be
considered as the reason, simply create some suitable ones and proceed.

Ladislav