> Jeff said:
>          REBOL is a first class functional language (with a good
>          deal of support for proceedural style programming).
>
> I don't  know   what you mean  by   `1st class'.   Is  it a
> technical term or an opinion?

  First class is a technical term which means that all things
  in the language are data, everything is a "first class
  citizen".  What this means in practice in that functions are
  not elevated above other datatypes, scalar or otherwise.  In
  practice, it allows functions to take other functions as
  arguments as well as return functions.  The first class
  abilities of REBOL help make it its own metalanguage. First
  class capability enables and enhances functional
  programming.  All expressions can be uniformly handled.

  this could be a REBOL expression:

             f f f f

  What could it evaluate to? Let's see, it could be:

      "F of the F of the F of the F".

   or it could be:

      "F the F of the F and the F"

   or