>        So, Daniel: what do you see if you do what-dir in the
>        other script?  Can you change-dir?  What are the
>        system/options/path, and system/script/path values?
>        Can your script write out a test file, if so, where
>        does it show up?

Jeff,

All the above works as intended when launched with the Rebol
interpreter.
However, when called from a cgi-script, a change-dir in the regular
script yields :

** Access Error: Cannot open /c/winnt/. **

BTW, the same change-dir (change-dir %/c/winnt/) in the CGI script
does not work neither and results in the same error.

The external script runs in its own directory [system/script/path].
The CGI script runs in the cgi-bin as defined in httpd.conf (Apache on
NT)

In both scripts, if I write print system/options/path, I get
** Script Error: Invalid path value: path.
** Where: system/options/path

daniel

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]