I am not an expert on this, and I don't have rebol working under
Apache (yet) but the following thoughts occur to me:

  1. <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="REBOL" RUNAT="SEREVR">

           could "SEREVR" be misspelled?

  2. I use SuSE 6.1 which does a lot of the install/config of
        Apache for you. I have experimented with Apache
        only in loopback mode. The main config file is

             /etc/httpd/httpd.conf

        and it has a lot of comments in it which provide clues
        on which settings to fiddle with. I have included some
        *severely* snipped text from this file to give an idea -
        it is a starting point - I cannot claim to have retained
         all the settings you may need to fiddle with. Apache
          has a lot of documentation - books, web site, and
          stuff with the distribution.
          Basically, it seems that any program that Apache
          calls through the cgi interface must either be
          loaded as an Apache module, or configured
          via httpd.conf  or both.

    3. I hope this is a little help, as I would like to see the
          detailed instructions myself.

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Well ... I have been waiting for a reply to the message below. Has there
> been a reply and I missed it? I have been trying to use rebol for CGI
> scripts which is the main reason why I started to use it. People have send
> CGI examples to me, which work for them but they don't work for me. I have
> by now tried to run rebol cgi scripts on WIN95 and PWS4, WIN98 and PWS4,
> Windows NTWS and PWS4, Windows NT Server and even tried it on a SuSe Linux
> and Apache. But nothing has worked for me so far.
> A previous message to the list said that rebol cgi did not need any setting
> up on the server, it only needs to have the rebol.exe in a directory where
> the scripts are. - Doesn't work for me. I have also seen an example of rebol
> to be used as follows ...
>
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="REBOL" RUNAT="SEREVR">
>
> etc ... I would be VERY VERY VERY interested in knowing how to set this up
> or in knowing where I could host my web site that supports this.
> Any help would be great as I just don't know what else to do.

=====  snippings from /etc/httpd/httpd.conf which may be
=====   relevant to getting rebol to work under SuSe 6.1/Apache

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to
# Alias.
#

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/"

#
# "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#

<Directory "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin">

    AllowOverride None
    Options None