  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: listserv@floridaeaa.org
  Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 5:12 PM
  Subject: [FLEAA] NiMh PATENT Re: listserv Digest, Vol 8, Issue 3

        Hi all, from Pete Amar in Fort Pierce, Fl. I am a long time lurker,
first time poster.

        Charles Whalen and other RAV4 EV owners may have other or better info,
but here are a couple of links.

  WIKIPEDIA:     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV

    WIKI QUOTE:      "Chevron had inherited control of the worldwide patent
rights for the NiMH EV-95 battery when it merged with Texaco, which had
purchased them from General Motors. Chevron's unit won a $30,000,000 settlement
from Toyota and Panasonic, and the production line for the large NiMH batteries
was closed down and dismantled. Only smaller NiMH batteries, incapable of
powering an electric vehicle or plugging in, are currently allowed by
Chevron-Texaco."

  PATENT INFO:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6969567.PN.&OS=PN/6969567&RS=PN/6969567

  PETE.