On Jul 27, 2010, at 9:58 AM, William Immendorf wrote:
> What I think we should do is:
>
> 1. Clean up the build scripts so that they are more maintainable, if
> anyone wants to do that soon, that would be really helpful.

Well I recently did clean them up. They are about as clean now as they're going
to get (I think). What I think might need to be discussed is if an entirely new
build methodology is in order. Some time ago, I brought up the possibility of
using package management to ease maintenance of the CD. We started (a very
small start) down this path but never followed through.

> 2. Update the scripts to use current SVN (soon to be 6.7). and update
> the BLFS packages as well.

Depends on #1.

> 3. Either update XFCE to 4.6.2, or replace it with LXDE (and we
> should add XFCE and/or LXDE to the book, and add back HAL support
> since it's usable again.)

Again depends on #1. Also, it depends on what the purpose of the CD is decided
to be. I'm not 100% certain the cd should even contain X.

> 4. And elect a new maintainer for this package.

Very possible. I don't mind staying on and managing, but I can't do all the
work alone. I also don't mind handing over the reins entirely if that is what
is best for the project.

> I will really apprecate it if the LiveCD has gone back alive, as I've
> been using Sidux to build LFS, and I would love it if I can matain
> this project.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Jeremy Huntwork