Hi,

in preparation of our final 1.0.0 release here comes the first RC as
version 0.9.90. A source tarball as well as Windows builds can be
downloaded at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/files/lmms/0.9.90/

This release incorporates major improvements to automation editing,
new plugins (opulenz and sfxr), a cool new default theme, a time
display, extensions to the peak controller, new file dialogs as well
as lots of bugfixes (MIDI recording and many more). A good overview is
given by LazerBlade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7SkpK2JFE8

Many thanks to all the people who directly contributed since our last
official release:

* Alexandre Almeida (correction of play button problems)
* Andrew Kelley (UI and build system improvements)
* Gurjot Singh (piano roll improvements)
* Hannu Haahti (piano roll and automation improvements)
* Perret Yannick (Vocoder LADSPA plugin)
* Joel Muzzerall (automation editor improvements)
* Johannes Lorenz (extensions to peak controller)
* Jonathan Aquilina (project management)
* Lukas Wohlschläger (new file dialogs and CI setup)
* Mike Choi (VST improvements)
* Oskar Wallgren (envelope/sustain fixes)
* Paul Giblock (various UI improvements)
* Raine M. Ekman (new OpulenZ plugin, bug fixes)
* Ruediger Ranft (note labels in piano roll)
* Tobias Doerffel: (core development, new knobs, bugfixes, ...)
* Vesa Kivimäki (new default theme)
* Wong Cho Ching (many bugfixes, LFO controller improvements)
* groboclown (stutter functionality in AFP)

Many thanks to all the other active community members who keep on
testing and providing helpful feedback.

For reporting bugs please use our new bugtracker at GitHub:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Best regards

Toby