After I posted the idea, I realized that there is a huge roadblock: The
Piano Roll Editor does not allow user to stack instruments like BB Editor.
So you cannot replace specific "normal" notes with "blue" notes.

When these instruments are stacked in the Song Editor, you cannot
interweave the individual notes of different instruments (as in BB Editor).

So the solution would be to add a Pitch knob to the Song Editor, which will
allow both pitch-shifting and pitch-bending of specific notes.

While the pitch-shifting will allow us to create blue notes, the
pitch-bending would allow us to play instruments like Sitar and Veena,
which have gamak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamaka_%28music%29) in all
their notes.

Indeed, many keyboards have the pitch-shifter pedals and/or knobs.
So if they consider it to be a much-needed control, why not have it
accessible in LMMS too?

Regards,
Narayan