Quoting Stephen Smalley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 07:20 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 18:21 -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > > Here is a patch against this morning's ltp cvs snapshot to implement
> > > Stephen's suggestion of setting expand-check=0 for the duration of
> > > the policy load.  This allowed me to get rid of the hack
> > > ++domain_type(test_create_no_t) in refpolicy/test_task_create.te, also
> > > done in this patch.
> > >
> > > (I think it also inlines a patch Stephen sent on jan 23 which
> > > wasn't yet in ltp cvs)
> >
> > As far as I can tell, no one has merged the two patches that I sent
> > earlier, which explains why you are still seeing failures (the one patch
> > I sent added permissions needed for the tests).  I've seen no reply to
> > my patches, although I've seen other patches responded to.
>
> Actually, I see that your patch does include the permissions from my
> patch (still not sure why my patch hasn't been merged), so I don't know
> why you'd still be seeing failures.   I only get 3 failures with my
> patch applied, on inherit and fdreceive (due to Fedora 8 policy granting
> fd:use permission liberally to all domains) and on task_create (due to
> the refpolicy granting process:fork to all domains), so I would only
> expect you to get 2 failures after your patch.

Interesting.  I'll look into some these on Friday.  Here is the list of
failures btw:

Test Start Time: Wed Jan 30 06:25:54 2008
Testcase                       Result     Exit Value
--------                       ------     ----------
SELinux01                      PASS       0
SELinux02                      PASS       0
SELinux03                      PASS       0
SELinux04                      PASS       0
SELinux05                      PASS       0
SELinux06                      PASS       0
SELinux07                      PASS       0
SELinux08                      PASS       0
SELinux09                      FAIL       1
SELinux10                      FAIL       2
SELinux11                      FAIL       1
SELinux12                      PASS       0
SELinux13                      PASS       0
SELinux14                      FAIL       1
SELinux15                      FAIL       1
SELinux16                      PASS       0
SELinux17                      PASS       0
SELinux18                      PASS       0
SELinux19                      FAIL       1
SELinux20                      FAIL       1
SELinux21                      FAIL       2
SELinux22                      FAIL       1
SELinux23                      PASS       0
SELinux24                      PASS       0
SELinux25                      FAIL       1
SELinux26                      PASS       0
SELinux27                      PASS       0
SELinux28                      PASS       0
SELinux29                      PASS       0
SELinux30                      PASS       0
SELinux31                      PASS       0
SELinux32                      PASS       0
SELinux33                      PASS       0
SELinux34                      PASS       0
SELinux35                      PASS       0
SELinux36                      PASS       0
SELinux37                      PASS       0
SELinux38                      PASS       0

Total Tests: 38
Total Failures: 10
Kernel Version: 2.6.23.1-42.fc8
Machine Architecture: i686
Hostname: localhost.localdomain

> Debugging failures generally requires a copy of your audit.log entries
> generated during the tests, and can sometimes benefit from manually
> running individual tests as per the README so that you can see more
> output.   The ltp logfiles may lack some diagnostic output because
> policy may not be allowing the test domains to write to whatever type
> the log file happens to have (depends on where you install the ltp).

yes there's not much in the logfiles, but on friday i'll try running
some by hand and looking through the audit logs.

thanks,
-serge