On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 11:37 -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Stephen Smalley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > > As far as I can tell, no one has merged the two patches that I sent
> > > earlier, which explains why you are still seeing failures (the one patch
> > > I sent added permissions needed for the tests).  I've seen no reply to
> > > my patches, although I've seen other patches responded to.
> >
> > Actually, I see that your patch does include the permissions from my
> > patch (still not sure why my patch hasn't been merged), so I don't know
> > why you'd still be seeing failures.   I only get 3 failures with my
> > patch applied, on inherit and fdreceive (due to Fedora 8 policy granting
> > fd:use permission liberally to all domains) and on task_create (due to
> > the refpolicy granting process:fork to all domains), so I would only
> > expect you to get 2 failures after your patch.
>
> Interesting.  I'll look into some these on Friday.  Here is the list of
> failures btw:

Are you running mcstrans?  If not, start it first.

Original testsuite predates MCS/MLS and thus when it fabricates security
contexts, it doesn't include a MCS/MLS level.  mcstrans makes that
transparent and thus it just works.  Alternatively, the test scripts
could be made a bit smarter.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency